What previous young researchers said:
Helps you develop good organisation and planning skills when organising focus groups. Helps you become more confident speaking in front of groups and doing presentations.
Not only is it a really fun experience but you gain and improve a wide range of skills like researching and analysis. As well as making friends. It’s also a really handy thing to have on your personal statement.
My recommendation for coming onto the project is because it gained me much more confidence and makes you realise just how much of the project relates to yourself. P.S you make friends, have fun and you also get pizza!!!
To hear direct from the Young Researchers
Young People - Recruitment
CURRENTLY CLOSED - Click here to view other Participation People oppportunities
The local authorities want to know the views of young people to help them plan their services. As young researchers your job would be to collect the opinions and ideas of young people about the services they receive.
What you get?
- Gain skills and practical experience
- Get trained in research skills & carry out research projects
- Working in a team of young researchers across Dorset
- Get a reference
- Opportunity to practice giving presentations
- Make a difference
- Boost your CV and evidence to talk about at interviews
- Between 14-19 years old?
- Able to get on with and work with others?
- Good at listening to and respecting the views of others?
- Want to improve things for other young people in Dorset?
- The project lasts for 10 months starting in July and finishing in April
- 2 days training over the summer
- Research meeting once a month between Sept-March
- 2-day residential over Autumn Half-Term
- Carrying out research tasks between meetings
- 1 presentation sometime between March-July
- It’s all free and your travel expenses are paid for